BOTOX is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments in the world, thanks to its ability to smooth away frown lines, forehead lines, crow’s feet, and more of the most common dynamic wrinkles. As fantastic as the results are, however, they don’t last forever. Understanding the timing of BOTOX is the first step in planning a maintenance schedule that keeps you looking forever fresh and wrinkle-free.
In this post, we’ll go over everything you need to know about your BOTOX results timeline, from how often you should schedule your treatments to how to make your look last even longer.
How Long Does It Take To See BOTOX Results After a Treatment?
Unlike dermal filler results, BOTOX results don’t show up right away. Most people start seeing a difference 3 to 5 days after an appointment, but it may take up to 2 weeks for the full results to take effect.
How Long Do BOTOX Results Last?
BOTOX results last anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Your specific timeline will vary depending on factors such as your age, muscle mass, dosage, and the placement of your injections.
How Often Should I Get BOTOX?
You likely won’t need to get BOTOX any more frequently than every 2 to 3 months. Getting your next treatment done too soon will extend your results, but it will also increase the dosage of your current injections if they haven’t worn off yet. This might leave you with a slightly frozen look and possibly some unwanted side effects such as eyelid drooping. A qualified injector will help you time your sessions right so you can maintain your results without jumping the gun.
Does BOTOX Last Longer Than Dysport®, Jeuveau®, and XEOMIN®?
There may be some slight variations in the longevity of these products. They contain different formulations of the same proteins, which may affect how quickly your body metabolizes them. Overall, however, the results generally last about the same time.
How To Make BOTOX Results Last Longer
Here are a few tips for getting the most mileage out of your BOTOX results:
- Keep up with regular appointments: Studies show that with regular use over time, your targeted muscles will become less active. That means you can go longer between your appointments.
- Wear SPF: Protecting your skin from the sun is always a must for preventing wrinkles.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking limits how much oxygen your skin gets and lowers the vitamin A content in your skin, leading to premature aging.
- Perfect your at-home skincare routine: Incorporate retinol, vitamin C, and other anti-aging ingredients into your daily regimen. Learn more about our favorite post-injection skincare products in this blog post.
- Choose the right injector: A skilled injector will administer the right dosage in the right place to give you the longest-lasting results.
Want to learn more about BOTOX from the board-certified dermatologists at The Clinic for Dermatology & Wellness? Contact us online or give us a call at (541) 200-2777 to get in touch with our Medford, OR, office.